Should Anyone Else Be Present While I’m Reprimanded

Question to Ask the Workplace Doctors about process of a reprimand:

If I am receiving a reprimand at work, should there be anyone else in the room except for my boss? Also if the answer is yes, should that person be of higher rank than me? Are there is any websites out there that may help or Kentucky state laws?

Signed, All Alone?

DearĀ All Alone?:

Yes, there should be a third person in the room during the reprimand. The supervisor will usually ask someone to “listen and observe” during the session. However, if there is someone else you would like to serve as this third person, simply approach him and ask, “Could Tom be with us during the session?” The KY State Department of Labor should offer additional information. Type those words in to your search engine. Best of luck.

–Gerald Allen, Guest Respondent with HR and Administration experience

The Workplace Doctors Clarifying the rules and keeping lines of communication open and honest bridge troubled waters to a workplace named WEGO. Please feel free to tell us what you learn through this experience. That’s the way our site helps others cope and prevent workplace difficulties.