Suspended. Should I Fight?

Question to Ask the Workplace Doctors about record of suspension harming getting a job:

I was suspended from work for few days and also there was another lady who was also suspended. It was not fair, but no one listened to us that we were innocent and still charged us and punished us. I was pregnant and lost my child. I became diabetic and also I was offered new job but that was rescinded one week before I could join. On asking Human resources of the other company I was told that number of days I got in suspension became a question. I had gone through lot of anxiety and had ended up at the psychologist so I was not in the position to fight back. The other lady fought back in civil service and got her suspension over turned. I thought I lost my new job because the new state agency must have looked at my personal file and found out that I was suspended.

To my surprise I found today that some one from my department informed the human resources of the other state agency. Now my question is how will I find out who this person is and how do I stop that person from doing this thing again and making sure that person get punished for their action. Please help! Also how can I get my record clean from all this mess? Even though the other lady won for the same issue as me, she fought but I didn’t. Should I fight now, as I seem to be more emotionally stable? Please reply to my email address and do not post it on your web site. Thanks

Signed, Not Fair

Dear Not Fair:

How will I find out who this person is and how do I stop that person from doing this thing again and making sure that person get punished for their action? My recommendation is it’s too late; let the past be past. Possibly, you could find an attorney to learn if you have a case, but I think that too would be a waste of your time and energy. You might follow the co-worker’s advice of what fighting back entailed. Otherwise, wouldn’t be better to pursue finding another job. I will forward your question to a manager of Human Resources to learn his second opinion.