Dr. William I. Gorden
- Served on the faculty of the Kent State University School of Communication Studies for 25 years.
- Coordinator of organizational communication course work and research.
- Taught business and professional speaking, intercultural communication, speech in a free society, group dynamics, team building, quality improvement, organizational development, corporate communication training, communication ethics and research methods.
- M.S. and Ph.D. from Purdue University.
- Postdoctoral work at Northwestern, Florida State, andUtah universities. Also served on the faculties of Purdue, Berry College, Southwest Texas State University, and the University of Akron.
- Speak Up For Business
- Managing Your Communication In And For The Organization
- Value Added Attitude And Action
- Time Capsules For Head And Heart
- Working For The Best Can Jump Start America
- The Team Trainer: Winning Tools and Tactics for Successful Workouts
- We Mean Business: Building Communication Competence in Business and Professions
- “Value-Added Attitude & Action” in Executive Speeches, Vol.11, No.1, Aug./Sept., 1996
- “People Should Be As Important As Profits” in Vital Speeches Of The Day, Vol. 62, No. 9, Feb. 15, 1996.
- “Values — Joining Together And Merging Individual Goals” in Vital Speeches of The Day, Vol. 62, No. 19, July 15, 1996.
- With his colleague Dr. Dominic Infante, Dr. Gorden has published a series of scholarly studies pertaining to superior-subordinate communication. They were the number one and two most published researchers in organizational communication in the past decade.
Merging Scholarship with Professional Activity
Dr. Gorden’s areas of interest and research include quality improvement, teamwork, employee involvement, and superior-subordinate interaction.
He has interviewed managers and employees involved with quality improvement in major corporations, government agencies, and non-profit organizations from coast to coast. He has conducted seminars from Augusta, Georgia to Hilo, Hawaii. Trained employees in corporate speaker’s bureaus.
Produced a videotape report of a year-long team training program he and Dr. Johnny Miller conducted for a General Electric plant.
He has lectured at Luven University in Belgium and Lund University, Sweden, and completed a study of the Swedish work environment. Recently he has studied the workplace in Japan, Korea, and Hong Kong and conducted seminars on cooperative learning in the Bahrain Department of Defense School.
Seminars And Training Sessions
- Employee Empowerment
- Quality Improvement
- Motivation and Productivity
- Team-building Training
- Workplace Communication and Employee Voice
- Time Management
Bill enjoys abstract painting, golf, swimming, music, and theater.