Sick Because of My Workplace

Question to Ask the Workplace Doctors about pest infestation:

Over the winter my workplace became infested with mice. We found droppings, nests and dead mice in our store. I was conducting inventory in our offsite storage unit on aged merchandise that was in our store for a long time and moved to storage. This smelled horrible and took my breath away and I was bit by something. Days later I became irritable developed a cough the bite became worse so did the cough. My energy depleted; 25 days later I was peeing my pants and developed pneumonia. My sick days are used up and I need to know how to and who to report this to, in Nova Scotia,Canada

Signed, Need Help

Dear Need Help:

I’m very sorry about your situation! We don’t have expertise in occupational health and safety issues, and are in the U.S. But, I did some quick research and found this site:http://www.gov.ns.ca/lae/healthandsafety/ They have a lot of information I think you need. You might also need to consult with an attorney as things progress.

I hope not, but it’s something to consider. Document everything you can with photos, calendars and records. You’ll need all of that. You may need to have someone go to the site now and take photos, if conditions are the same.Best wishes to you!