Treated Unfairly

Question to Ask the Workplace Doctors about a resume: Recently they asked me to bring my CV; they lost it

I have been with the company for 18 years. Recently they asked me to bring my CV; they lost it. I need to know if I should bring an upgraded one or the one that they interviewed me when I start working at this company.

Signed, Been Here Done That

Dear Been Here Done That:

The fact that you have been asked for a CV may simply be that HR is updating its files. However, the fact that you wonder what is requested (who keeps one that is 18 years old) indicates that communication within your workplace could be better. You can ask which is wanted, but I recommend that you don’t ask; rather bring an updated one. Include in it tasks, projects you have done, ways you have cut wasted supplies, time, energy, and money.

This of this as an opportunity to show your commitment to your company. Also include additional training you have had, positive reviews and/or other acknowledgement of your work. Eighteen years with one company is a long time. Surely your jobs have changed since you started. List them. My best to you. May you have 18 more. Working together with hands, head, and heart takes and makes big WEGOS.