Boss In Medical Work Accused Me Of Assault

Question to Ask the Workplace Doctors about accused of assault:

My boss accused me of assault that I did to a client, after one of the doctors mentioned he did not want me to quit my job. This is so untrue because if there was something to prove why was I not aware of it when it happened? Never have I been brought to the office about any complaint and there are no witnesses to anything that has happened.What started this was that a doctor asked my boss to not let me quit my job because he liked my work and wanted me to stay. I am PRN and I was not getting enough hours. I brought this to my boss’s attention one time and she told me there where complaints from patients on me. She claims six patients. When I asked her to show me, there were only two, but there were no write-ups on me-nothing. This is so crazy I really don’t know what to do.

It is difficult to know exactly what happened that caused your boss to claim you had assaulted someone and that others have made complaints about you. You seem to think it is because you asked for more hours to work as a PRN and also because your boss resented having a doctor go to her and tell her he didn’t want you to quit.Your boss may have thought you were trying to get supporters outside her area by threatening to quit if you didn’t get more hours. So, now she is looking for a reason to dismiss you in a way that can’t be complained about by doctors.Or, it could be she has had complaints about you but did not take them seriously until she was told you had hit one of your patients.

It doesn’t sound as though she has proof of it, but she did accuse you of it. Maybe you have not been aware of some issues between you and patients. You might want to think about if you have ever been told there were things you could improve when working with patients. If so, maybe your boss feels that she has tried to warn you about those matters. You say there have been two complaints, which isn’t a good sign, even if you think they were not valid. However, if there had really been a criminal assault your boss would have gone to police. So, it sounds as though she is just using that word to make it sound more serious.

Whatever the cause or the situation, your question is about what you should do now. It sounds as though the main thing you can do is to tell the truth and wait. If you have a Human Resource section in your work, you could talk to them about company policies about investigating complaints. If you think the boss is lying and intends to fire you, perhaps you could talk to the doctors who supported you, let them know what is happening, and ask for their help. If there is someone above your boss, you may need to go directly to that person.Or, this may be the time to find other work where you can get more hours and not deal with a dishonest boss. Even if you are cleared of this, you and your boss will not have a good relationship. I know that is not the ideal situation, but it may be necessary.

I wish there was an easy answer for you, but there is not. I hope it works out where you can show you have done no wrong and you also get more hours so you can work there and like it better. But, I think you should be prepared for seeking other work before long, no matter what happens in this situation. If you have skills and knowledge and get references from the doctors who supported you, you probably will have other places you can work where you can be happier and better off in every way. Best wishes to you!