Can I Be Warned For Being Injured

Question to Ask the Workplace Doctors about an injury:

I am a pcv driver and was off sick with a back injury. I was on medication that affects driving and was certificated because of this. Is my employer within his rights to issue me with any warnings?

I’m very sorry, but we do not have expertise in labor law or workplace injuries. We provide advice about workplace communications issues. If you have a union or employee association, they could provide advice about a situation like this. The HR section at your job would certainly have the rules and procedures about sick leave and being out due to an injury. I realize it might not seem easy to talk to your supervisor, but that would be a good place to start. You could tell him how important your job is to you and how much you want to come back when your back is healed. Maybe you could ask him to help you know what will keep your from inadvertently getting in trouble. If you had a bad relationship prior to this, it would be more difficult. But, if you were able to talk to him before your injury, you probably can now. Best wishes to you with this.