Falsely Accused


I have a problem with my second key manager. Yesterday my second key manager accused me about a social worker. How can I speak with lead supervisor?




Dear Worried:

I’m sorry but your question does not provide enough details to understand your concern. It seems that your immediate supervisor accused you of doing something and you want to report it to your lead supervisor.

The best way to do that is to simply ask to talk to the lead supervisor and say that you are concerned about a false accusation. Tell the lead supervisor what was said and also provide any evidence you have that the accusation was false.

Usually just talking in a courteous way and expressing your honest concerns will cause others to listen and try to help.

It could be that your second key manager sincerely believes he or she is correct. Maybe there is something you can do to help convince that person that you have done nothing wrong. If someone else is involved (a social worker or someone else you know) maybe that person would like to speak to your lead supervisor or second key manager, or at least write a letter to support you.

Best wishes with this. If you wish to write again with more details about your situation, please do so.

Tina Lewis Rowe

Tina Lewis Rowe

Tina had a thirty-three year career in law enforcement, serving with the Denver Police Department from 1969-1994 and was the Presidential United States Marshal for Colorado from 1994-2002. She provides training to law enforcement organizations and private sector groups and does conference presentations related to leadership, workplace communications and customized topics. Her style is inspirational with humor.