Falsely Accused And Fired


I got the nurse practioner in trouble because she prescribed klondipan to me. She then preceded to get rid of me, falsly accused me of hippa violation which has now been proved false and then fired me. She is now telling a patient I told everyone in our office that we had sex. This isn’t true. Any advice or anything I can do. I lost my job and husband is using this in our divorce.


Falsely Accused


Dear Falsely Accused:

I’m sorry that all of this is happening to you! However, I’m afraid we can’t give any advice that would be helpful at this point–I wish we could.

First, the entire situation seems very confusing and obviously did not happen overnight. Things happened over time and now you have been dismissed. So, it appears it is too late to change that fact. Even though you were able to show you had not committed the one violation, it was not enough from the viewpoint of the people with hiring and firing authority at your work place.

If you have a divorce attorney, give that person all the facts you have and see if that can assist him or her in negotiating some aspects of the divorce. Probably your husband made the divorce decision because of things other than what went on at your work.

Again, I’m sorry there is no advice we have that can make this any easier to deal with. It may be that professional counseling, or talking with a medical professional you trust, can help you find ways to cope.

Best wishes to you as you work through this situation.

Tina Lewis Rowe

Tina Lewis Rowe

Tina had a thirty-three year career in law enforcement, serving with the Denver Police Department from 1969-1994 and was the Presidential United States Marshal for Colorado from 1994-2002. She provides training to law enforcement organizations and private sector groups and does conference presentations related to leadership, workplace communications and customized topics. Her style is inspirational with humor.