Files Disappearing

Question to Ask the Workplace Doctors about maintaining confidentiality:

My files just seem to disappear all the time. What can I do? This information is suppose to be confidential!

Signed, Searching

Dear Searching:

You should talk to your manager immediately so you won’t be accused of losing the files but not reporting it and also to avoid having confidential information misused. Maybe between the two of you, you can figure out a logical explanation, or start a more serious investigation. Document the files that have disappeared and if they are still missing. Provide as much information as you can to investigate the matter. But above all, if confidential files are missing, make a report to your manager right away.Best wishes with this matter.