Husband Harassed By Coworker About Me

Question to Ask the Workplace Doctors about coworker and wife’s past relationship:

My husband’s coworker has told him that I have had a previous relationship with one of his other coworkers. I had kept the fact that before I met my husband I had known this coworker in my past from him. The reason I did this was so that he didn’t feel uncomfortable at work and start to hate his job. However, another coworker has made it their business to continue to tell my husband about it. I am of the opinion that I can go to his workplace and speak to the supervisor as this will cause me hardship in my relationship and for my husband at work. What do you think about this situation and what should I do?

Signed, Ready For Battle

Dear Ready For Battle:

Your husband and the person you used to dated are the ones who should make a complaint because they are the ones with standing in the company. Most importantly, your husband should complain to his supervisor rather than getting angry and starting a big argument with the coworker. If you feel you must call or write about it (and I don’t think you should) at least be sure to tell your husband ahead of time. If he doesn’t want you to do it, it could be devastating to your relationship if it becomes a joke at work about you running interference for him. Best wishes to you with this. If you have the time and wish to do so, let us know what happens.