Is This A Valid Reason For Termination?

Question:

I was fired based on the past property manager’s work. I was told I would be trained by the asst.manager who was being promoted to property manager. Due to a big inspection coming up on the property, the District manager, who just started, fired me and blamed me for the past manager’s job.

Not Taking The Blame

Answer:

Dear Not Taking The Blame:

First, let me say how very sorry I am that this happened, especially under these circumstances. It’s frustrating, hurtful and makes you feel so helpless about it, I’m sure!

Sadly, there is probably nothing to do be done about the situation unless someone in a position of influence were to decide to take the problem on. I would imagine the assistant manager doesn’t want to risk getting in trouble and will not say anything.

The really sad thing is that the District Manager didn’t take the time to find out the source of problems. So, nothing will improve and he will find out his mistake to late to help you.

This will be a time to draw on your inner strength and find a way to move forward. I would think you have some skills and capabilities that are unique. Perhaps this will allow you to find a job where managers are more fair and less quick to place blame.

Best wishes to you. I’m confident you’ll find something better–I just hope it happens very quickly!