JOB APPLICATION

Question:

Not Clearly seeing the statement regarding “EMPLOYEES AT WILL” on a job application, is it legal?

Wondering

Answer:

Dear Wondering:

I’m not clear what your question is, but I think you want to know if employers have to have an “At Will” statement clearly visible on employment papers.

We’re a workplace communication site and not an HR or legal site, so I’m not able to help with that aspect of it. Whether you are the employer or the employee, you could maybe contact the department of labor in your state or check their website and find out the law about At Will employment in your specific state.

I did some cursory research and could not find a requirement for how clear such notification has to be or if there has to be a notification at all.

I’m sorry I can’t assist you but someone in your own state would be your best resource.

Best wishes.