My Boss Told Employees My Secret

Question to Ask the Workplace Doctors about a boss’s disclosure:

What do I do when my boss tells the other employees that I have a job somewhere else and then tells them where?

Signed, Irritated

DearĀ Irritated:

If what your boss said wasn’t true, let people know it, saying that your boss must have misunderstood something. If it is true, it’s too late to take it back now. But, you might want to ask your boss if he realized you had wanted to keep it a secret. That might get you an apology. It’s unfortunate that this happened. However, if you intend to continue to work there, you don’t want your irritation and frustration about the boss to show. Also, news of your other job might not mean much to your coworkers anyway. Stay strong and keep focused on being effective in your job–both of them!