Need My Employment Records

Question to Ask the Workplace Doctors about records:

I have asked your advise awhile ago, and the issue is still there. So I decided to ask you again. My issue is, I am at a position of getting some documents which will be used for my immigration purpose. I have been employed by this company for almost two month, and I am not even able to get a job offer letter. The HR department is short staff at the moment, and HR manager has been saying that she does not have resource to go ahead with my application, and I am eligible to work in Canada.

HR manager is getting upset with me, and I did apologize for any inconvenience that I may have caused. But honestly, I do not think I even have to apologize. I feel like it is not fair to not to be able to get the documents that I need from the company I work for. I am not asking any guaranteed statement or something. I am just asking for documents that confirms I am hired by the company. Now the HR manager wants to talk to my manager, and my manager also does not want any extra work. I do not know what to do here. I do not want to upset anybody, but I still need those document for my status security purpose as a foreigner. I also want to know the worse case, if I do have to wait till my probation period to be over, if people refuse providing me documents, what should I do. Please advise on the issue.

Signed, Frustrated

I think there must be a strong misunderstanding going on between everyone involved in this situation, for it to be this difficult! I recall your first letter about this and had hoped it was resolved.Your most important step is to contact your immigration office and explain the situation. Ask them if they have a suggestion. Ask them for a letter saying exactly what you need, so you can give that to HR. Or, ask them to contact your HR person for you.

See if showing them pay stubs will be proof enough. Or, ask them if they would accept a letter signed by your boss or HR, that you write, just for their signature.I suggested before that you talk to your manager and see if you are not understanding something, or explaining what you need clearly. There is no real extra work involved that I can figure out, just a brief letter. If none of that helps, contact someone who has also gone through the immigration process and ask them if they have ideas or can assist you.You need advice from someone who can look at the material you’ve been given and also what you have asked to get from HR.

I’m certain there is a misunderstanding someplace. So, I’m afraid this still doesn’t take care of your problem, but at least I can suggest again that you contact the people who WANT the document, not just the people who are supposed to provide it.Best wishes. Keep us informed.