No Contract After 5 Years!

Question to Ask the Workplace Doctors about contracts:

I have no contract after 5 years of employment. After 18 months my workplace provided me with a contract that looked like a template off the net, nothing seemed relevant to my role and they even had my salary incorrect. I disputed this and have never seen an amended contract since.

Signed, Frustrated

DearĀ Frustrated:

We don’t have knowledge or expertise about contractual situations, but it seems you need to take the step of talking to your HR or other internal source, to ask them your contract status, if that is important to you. A contract can certainly provide some safeguards for an employee, but it also provides safeguards for the employer, so it may or may not be in your best interest to have one. If you have access to legal assistance, it would be very helpful. I’m sorry we are not able to help you further, but we don’t want to give you information that might not be correct. Best wishes to you!