NOW WHAT!

Question:

SOME TIME AGO, I WROTE DR. GORDON ABOUT PROBLEMS I WAS HAVING WORKING FOR A LOCAL COMPANY. I EVENTUALLY LOST MY JOB. NOW, I HAVE LEARNED (AS OF THIS WEEK) THAT THE COMPANY HAS LAID OFF MORE THAN 600+ PEOPLE, MOVED OPERATIONS OUT OF STATE/ABROAD AND THAT MOST EVERYONE CONNECTED WITH THE DIVISION WILL LOSE THEIR JOBS. I LOST MY JOB NEARLY A YEAR BEFORE THIS ANNOUNCEMENT BECAME FINAL. THE COMPANY’S REVENUES WERE DOWN 78% AND THEY STATED THEY WERE MOVING ABROAD BECAUSE OF LABOR COSTS! WHAT IS THIS KIND OF THINKING DOING TO THE US ECONOMY–OTHER THAN MAKING THE FAT CATS EVEN MORE WEALTHY!!!!!!!!!!! OBVIOUSLY, THIS ACTION OF PUTTING MORE THAN 600+ PEOPLE OUT OF WORK IS GOING TO ADVERSELY AFFECT THE LOCAL COMMUNITY! LOSS OF REVENUES FOR SECONDARY BUSINESSES THAT DEPENDED ON THE MAJOR BUSINESS, ETC, ETC, ETC! THE COMPANY HAS BROUGHT IN A STATE RESOURCES TEAM THAT OFFERS TOO LITTLE TOO LATE….

Too Late

Answer:

Dear Too Late:

Thank you for taking the time to update us about this unhappy situation. Shifting work abroad is increasing, and it seems to me a major company should be held responsible to do everything reasonable to help those put out of jobs because of outsourcing to find new jobs. Have you contacted you state’s representatives about this matter? There ought to be a law against this, in my opinion, and individuals who are suffering for outsourcing should make their voices heard loudly.

What do you think? How are you doing now? Have you found other work? Hopefully you won’t allow losing your job to see your self as a victim. I hope, until you get new employment, you dress as though you are going to work and will volunteer. Give your self away. I’m sure you have much to give even when feeling down and angry.