Sanitation Concerns

Question to Ask the Workplace Doctors about safety:

Will i get sick if I inhale the smell of urine or feces while cleaning the urinal or toilet bowls. I am a janitor and I do not use any mask when i clean the toilet, it is safe?

Few if any janitors wear masks and neither do health care workers, so apparently just the odor is not harmful. However, to be sure and to help reduce the unpleasantness of obnoxious smells, you might want to just buy your own mask and ask your employer if it’s OK for you to wear it when cleaning bathrooms. Best wishes to you.