Should I Quit If I Feel They Don’t Want Me There?

Question:

I have been working somewhere for a short time.I feel that I am unwanted and they want to get rid of me. I have asked on several occasions whether I am making mistakes and they have said no.

Worried

Answer:

There is more to getting along at work than not making mistakes. Rather than ask only about that, ask about your overall acceptance. Tell your boss how you are feeling and ask if there are ways you could fit into the group better or be more effective in geneal. You can be sure of this: If you are friendly, clean, well groomed, helpful and do your work to an accepgtable level, you will be a valuable employee. If any of those are lacking, you will not be considered valuable.

On the other hand, some work groups are unpleasant to everyone who is new. So, no matter how you try they may shut you out. Find one or two others who may be shut out as well and befriend them. Or, put your focus on work and be more concerned about your relationship with your boss than with coworkers.

The more you show your concern and worry, the less effective you will be. So, on the outside be a confident person—you’ll find that will help the way you feel.

Best wishes to you. I can imagine this is frustrating and creates bad feelings for you. Use this as a time to grow strong mentally and emotionally.