Sociopath

Question to Ask the Workplace Doctors about coworker demeaning a boss:

A co-worker is telling our law firm clients that if they want to understand our Attorney Boss that they should read a certain book about dealing with sociopaths…Should I tell my boss?

Signed, Should I Tell?

Dear Should I Tell?:

Is she/he? If so, you’d better find work elsewhere. You know that even if your coworker thinks saying this is good humor, that it simply can’t be good for business. You know it paints your boss in the worst kind of light.So what have you told your coworker? Isn’t that where to start by saying firmly, privately to him/her, “Stop that, Kim. You aren’t funny. And if you were boss, would you like your subordinate implying that you were a sociopath?” That should strike up a hot conversation between your coworker and you, one that is past due. If she/he continues to demean your boss, then inform him/her. Working together with hands, head, and heart takes and makes big WEGOS, and that’s what you want for your attorney boss, your coworker and you.