What Should I Do Now?

Question to Ask the Workplace Doctors about toxic reaction:

I was exposed a few days ago to a combination of bleach and drano at my place of employment. A co-worker dumped drano at the bar area of the country club I work at, because with the rain the sewage was backing up and there was an Wedding Reception going on, then my boss dumped bleach to try and get rid of the smell.

I immediately could barely breath, throat was burning and eyes running. Chest was tight and felt sick to my stomach. I did not go to the ER right away because I am the event director and my boss actually told me not to call 911. Since then I have gone to my family doctor and I am on antibiotics after he gave me a breathing treatment and inhaler along with cough syrup. I still have a great deal of tightness in my chest and still is finding it difficult to breath. I am not the only once who had to seek medical attention, I feel 911 should have been called right away. Is this normal to feel so bad? I felt like I was going to pass out for a couple of days. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you

read more