Can I Sue For Unfair Discipline?

Question to Ask the Workplace Doctors about suing employer:

Can I sue for being wrongfully written-up?

Signed, Frustrated and Angry

Dear Frustrated and Angry:

We’re not a legal site, so we can’t give you a definitive answer. You may want to consult with an attorney on a brief, free consultation. However, we can give you some general guidelines. Unless you can show that a federal law related to equal employment opportunity was violated (the discipline was solely because of your gender, ethnicity, age, etc.) it is doubtful that you can sue. Another time in which you might have a legal remedy is if you were a whistle-blower related to contractual issues and the discipline was in retaliation for that.

read more