Timeline for Removal Of Discipline Records

Question to Ask the Workplace Doctors about write-up records:

Is there a timeline when a write-up gets dismissed, in California law?

Signed, Seeking Answers

Dear Seeking Answers:

I’m sorry, but we are not attorneys and do not specialize in employment law. You can check with the California Department of Labor about this. Their website may provide some answers.However, I would doubt that there is any such law or regulation. In most states such matters are left to employers. If a company is unionized there are sometimes agreements about such matters. Usually the nature of the infraction is used by employers to decide about a timeline. Some employers maintain everything forever while others remove the records for very minor infractions in a year or two. Best wishes to you as you seek answers to your work concerns.