Two Write-Ups

Question to Ask the Workplace Doctors about write-ups:

Is it illegal to get two write-ups in one day for the same incident?

Signed, More Than I Want

Dear More Than I Want:

Our site addresses communication issues, not legal; however, I doubt that you will find any law about how many write-ups you can be given in one day. An organization’s system of discipline is its own business and hopefully is designed to correct wrong, ineffective and/or unsafe practices. You can consult your Human Resources Department to learn if getting two write-ups for the same misstep is in keeping with its regulations/practices.Rather than to see your two write-ups for the same thing as being done wrong wouldn’t it be smart to see them as doubly emphasizing that what was or wasn’t done is not acceptable.

Talk to yourself about apologizing for and correcting what you failed in. Talk positively to yourself about wanting to make your boss’ job easier. Talk to yourself about cutting wasted supplies, wasted time, and wasted money. Talk to yourself about how what you do can deliver goods and service that pleases your internal and external customers. Avoid gossiping about and griping about your write-ups.

Take them in stride as one thing you have learned on your career path. Does this make sense? Working together with hands, head, and heart takes and makes big WEGOS, and that’s the kind of good feeling you want from whatever kind of work you do.