Written Up. Told Not To Talk To The Boss About It!

Question to Ask the Workplace Doctors about write up with condition not to talk about it with the boss:

We have a new personnel manager in the office I work at; mind you this office has never had a manager in the past. She had confronted me about an incident that I agree that should have been handled in a different manner, but then went on to add in her own words and wrote me up the next day without talking to my bosses. I told her I wanted to talk to my boss about the situation and she told me I would be dismissed if I did so. Is it OK for her to write me up without the other bosses knowing? And I didn’t get a verbal warning first and I’ve been in the medical field for 15 years with no incidents, help!

Signed, Written Up

Dear Written Up:

I would not only talk to my boss about this, but also go to the owners/administrator of where you work. This is an obvious threat to you. She can write you up; however, I have never heard of anything resembling what she is doing. It doesn’t make sense. By the way, what were you written up for? Seeking clarification and information is essential to establishing effective working relationships. Speak up in your own behalf and also in behalf of your workplace’s best interest–what we symbolize by our signature WEGO.

Guest Respondent, Dan Kearney, HR Manager